Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Trials and tribulations of the spinning mama.....

Today I am going to share a little story about how my fiber frenzy went astray, how I lost my cool, fell in love with my spindle and then turned my obsession ( see crazy woman face here) into a gift for my son because, gulp, today is his birthday...

It all started harmlessly. I decided to try and make something resembling an art yarn with all this weird ribbon and sparkle and stuff even tho I had a number of things going against my idea.

First, my old traditional Ashford dosen't have flyer suited to spin super bulky yarns and the little hooks entangle the ribbons and (%*)_#(#__#(**!

Second, I had exactly one hour between making breakfast and getting my 2yr old ready to go to his birthday party which was held at my mothers because I am too bleeping pregnant to pull it together...literally.

Third, I am 33 weeks pregnant and weighing twice as much this time, and damn it if I didn't feel like I wanted to see anyone today, or think about the fact that I would soon be birthing another little person who would innocently take me away from my fiber obsession.... (oh poor me...)

This is what happened.....pictures included but swearing and sweating removed for your mental safety...

Tackling my merino I decide to attempt to just make it work on my wheel....
Twenty minutes later I am swearing and am feeling like NOTHING will stop me from making MY yarn.
Wheel is not cooperating.....innocent son decides to take my angelina and sprinkle it all around the room....then the bamboo.
I walk out of the room to get the phone and when I get back this is what I find......

Tejah had done some.... "rearranging".
He also decided to oil my wheel with lavender salve, the orfice was full of it.
Instead of taking a pic I decided to put the camera down and take some deep breaths....go to my happy place. 

Where is my bobbin?
Spinning wheel aftermath

Spinning Wheel Aftermath!
Spinning wheel aftermath
Spinning wheel aftermath

No comments: